Saturday 2 March 2013

Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of fruuuussstraaation

IT band syndrome has now plagued me for 8 weeks.  It has been extremely frustrating.  My course went something like this - initial injury on a run, after that couldn't walk or descend stairs without pain.  Went to physio, got diagnosed, excercises, foam roller etc.  Did my excersices everyday, foam rolled, I kid you not, for an entire episode of sex in the city almost every night.  Stretch, strength yoga and no running.  After about 4 weeks of this no pain walking anymore, but instant pain running.  Another 2 weeks off running... could jog for about 15 minutes before the pain kicked in, but once it did it was game over, could slow to walking with no pain, pick up a jog again and was in pain.  Kept going to physio, but at this point, we decided a new approach..... Physio suggested KTape and I bought an "IT band - band"  The tape allowed me to run an easy 5 km on the flat pain free, band wasn't quite as effective... but I put the two together and I've had 2 decent pain free runs (one set of intervals)  In the mean time I have taken up water running...... I've heard positive things about it keeping up your running fitness, although I don't feel quite up to speed.... guess we will find out.  Race next weekend.... ahhhhhhhhhh

IT band tape job  - effective when you're almost healed


KTape + IT band band.... works for me

No comments:

Post a Comment